Thursday, March 18, 2010

On Death

I have seen nanay's eyes constrict. I have seen her gasp for air. I know it's anytime soon. I'm not scared... I'm sad. I'm not lamenting though. I'm sad because I know I'm letting go real soon. I have witnessed how she tried to hold on to her life. I have seen her how to fight so hard for her life. I know she wants to stay. I know she wants to stay true to her promise that she'll walk with me on my wedding day. 


I am ready to let go. I am ready to let go... I think. May God give me the strength to let go of her. May God make me selfless enough so I could stop holding on to my grandmother. 
~*~*~*~
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. - Psalm 27: 4-5

1 comment:

  1. The best way to honor her life is to remember the good and let her go. she has gone way past the deadline-- she wants her rest with the LORD. I am sure she is happy there. :D

    You are strong Jem... You will make it!

    ReplyDelete