Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Closure

It has been five years since my parents first allowed to go out of town on my own with my friends. That was a momentous event for me. Being sheltered by my parents, the fact that I was allowed to go to an out-of-town trip with just my friends was a big deal for me. Anyway, my friends and I headed to Puerto Galera to have an overnight of a lifetime. 


It became a night of many firsts and realizations for me. Add to that, major lessons learned too. How could I ever forget that night...


Anyway, cliche' as this may sound but there were things which were rather be left and buried in Puerto Galera just like how the famous adage goes, "What happens in Puerto Galera, stays in Puerto Galera." And so I thought that would be applicable for me. However, right after I got back to reality, I just realized that what supposed to be a fun vacation brought me tons of extra baggages to carry back home. 


With what happened, I found it tough to move on. Think: emotional rollercoaster kind-of-stuff. 


Oh well, it took a while before I moved on. I had to force myself to do so. 


BUT... something happened tonight. 
I finally got the closure I needed. How? Here it goes:


M: Jamie, is this still ur no.?  -7:41pm
J: Yep. Who is this please? - 7:43pm
M: M*** :) still remember me? -7:44pm
J: Oi! Yeah, I remember you. What's up? -7:45pm
M: Just browsing through phone nos. haha. Doin ok. How are you? -7:46pm
J: Nice. Haha.. All is well with me. You? How's life? -7:47pm
M: still workin, still in music. ikaw still teaching? married ka na no? -7:48pm
J: Me? Married? Haha where did that come from? Baka you're the one who's married. Yeah, still teaching. -7:49pm
M: Haha, ako married? Yeah right! Anyways glad to hear frm you. -8:01pm
J: Haha I hope you're still random and crazy, Moses! ;p nice to hear from you
M: man, im a bit wiser and smarter now. still silly sometimes. i do apologize fr that phase when i was silly with you. -8:04pm
J: It's okay. :) -8:11pm
M: awww thanks. for what it's worth, that was one awesome puerto galera trip. Right? -8:18pm
J: It was memorable. ;) -8:19pm
M: Haha. U dont sound happy abt it. -8:24pm
J: And what are you now -- a mindreader? Haha! I enjoyed that trip kaya -8:27pm
M: haha. great! lets have coffee when i visit bf again. -8:55pm
J: Sure - 9:09pm


Okay, I know he did not use "Sorry" but the apology was all I needed to close that chapter of my life. I forgave him years ago but it feels way better to hear an apology from the person who hurt you.


I'm okay.. I'm better. Thank you, Lord, for this one. For all it's worth, I treasure the friendship that I had with M***. Fact remains that he made me smile, laugh, love, forgive, grow and mature...and for all those, I continue to praise the Lord for how his life made an impact on mine. ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment